Rainbow Chard with Peanut Sauce
I haven’t been cooking much lately, but I was gifted with some chard last week and decided to get back into the kitchen. As is my wont, I added pretty much everything in my fridge and made enough food to last until my kids are old enough to try some. Lucky for them; this shit is delicious!
Rainbow Chard with Peanut Sauce (and brown rice and carrots and pineapple and kidney beans and iceberg lettuce because why not?)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 cups brown rice
- 1 bunch chard, chopped
- 1 jar peanut butter (smooth or chunky are both fine, whatever your preference)
- 1 can diced pineapple in juice
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 2 Tbs vinegar (I used balsamic, apple cider would also work)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot sauce (optional)
1. Saute the onions, garlic, and carrot in olive oil on medium for about 10 minutes, or until lightly browned
3. Add the chopped chard along with 4 cups of water
5. Add peanut butter, pineapple with juice, beans, lettuce
6. Add vinegar; salt, pepper, and hot sauce to taste
7. Let cook for about an hour, or until the chard reaches your desired consistency
8. Mix in rice, enjoy, and can and freeze the extra!
This is super healthy, super filling, and super delicious. You’ll never go hungry again!